Wednesday 6 August 2014

MOM JEANS? YES PLEASE!

So because Lou Teasdale is one of my style inspirations, one thing that can’t possibly miss from your wardrobe, are mom jeans. These ones from Topshop, to be exact.

Lou obviously has a skinnier frame than I do, but that didn’t stop me from wearing oversized, somewhat fatning, acid wash, highwaisted denim mom jeans. When combined in the right way, even the chubbier girls can get away with oversized items, including this one. As long as the accentuated chubby part is concealed, you have nothing to worry about.

In my case, I had to cover up my bum and bigger thighs. If you haven’t noticed already, my ass is it’s own continent. You haven’t noticed? Good. That’s because I opted for a longer coat, that covers my backside. If you’re a little on the small side, like me, don’t worry about chopping of some leg length. Just add a small heel and it’s retained!

Or a high heel. You know, whatever.




I found them quite difficult to fit in an outfit though.

I personally am not a ”from-the-street” kind of girl,
and mom jeans are (to my findings) not exactly the best item to pair with blazers, something my closet is filled with. And since I basically only wear cigarette pants, these were tricky. But I love them anyways.


Maybe I just need to become a bit more from the street.

Carré

No comments:

Post a Comment