Thursday 28 August 2014

EMMY 2014; TOP 3 BEST DRESSED

The EMMY's always are an annual party where girls get to wear gorgeous dresses and pretend to be princesses going to their ball, at last. So why is it, that this year the percentage of gorgeous dresses on the red carpet was unbelievably low? Seriously, even I had troubles picking a top three, a top three that was REPRESENTABLE, I mean. But you know, if you watch the red carpet event on E! enough times, you might get the beauty of some of these dresses.

For example, Sofia Vergara. It's like it's MADE for her. You know, which it probably was. But still, it hugs her curves like a charm and the inward going print accentuates her waist even more. Plus, the off-white colour greatly compliments her latina skin. But you know, it's a floor-length Roberto Cavalli. Need I say more?

This is definitely something I would wear. You know, if I ever got invited to anything. It's sexy, classy, and flattering in all the right ways without screaming for attention.

Too bad we can't see the shoes. That's the best part.



Gwennie, gwennie. Where have you been? I haven't seen you in quite some time. I guess the Voice really put her back in the spotlights. Good thing too, I mean this Versace Atelier two piece is great. It's completely made out of tiny Swarovski crystals, and according to Gwen ''it ways a ton!'' We can only imagine having our bodies embraced by crystals. Sigh..

In order to honour Versace, she styled herself as Donatella. Probably the best thing to do, since only Donatella can truly pull off the Versace look, can't she?
Anyhow, this dress was shiny, shows the right amount of skin, is still flattering though not body hugging, an eye-catcher though no attention seeker.
Some say the look would've been more beautiful with the mini skirt version as shown on the catwalk, but I personally think this is way more classy.

More is not more, people.
Who the fuck is January Jones? No offence meant here by any means, but she's just popping up everywhere and I have no clue to what she does, or why she's here. Evidently she has great style so I need to know.
Time to Google.

(10 minutes later..)

So apparently she was in Mad Men and X-Men. Both being movies I've never seen before, so that probably explains the absence of knowledge of her existence.
None the less do I think she is wearing one of the most beautiful EMMY dresses I have ever seen. EMMY just screams RED, doesn't it? EMMY's and OSCARS both do. So this is right on point. And I love how it has pockets, a convenience most red carpet dresses do not seem to have.
And again, just as with the Sofia Vergara dress, it has inward going stripes, pointing to the waist, hereby accentuating the latter. Oh, it's Prabal Gurung Resort. FYI.

I love the print, I love the cut, I love the length, love the hair, the lip. This look, it's pure win.

                                                                      Could I get these on ASOS in sale?

                                                                      Carré.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one! It reminds me of little red riding hood, but in a princess way. If you know what i mean :D <3

    ReplyDelete