Monday 4 August 2014

IT’S A ROYAL (PURPLE) SUMMER!

So now that my Haul May/June 2014 video is up. I decided it was a great time to post the outfit I had in mind when I picked up my new Forever21 high waisted skirt. It’s PURPLE. I never really wear skirts on a normal day to day bases, but I figured it was time for me to cut the monochrome crap, and get out of my comfy zone. Don’t worry, no self esteem was harmed in this video. I thought my legs looked hideous though, out in the open without anything to cover them. 

But you know what, it was all in my head. There is nothing wrong with my legs. And I secretly knew that. I had spent so much time reading Vogue, scrolling through Tumblr, looking at models and their 5’9, 50 kg weighing bodies, that I totally lost sight of what a realistic body looked like. 

Everyday we’re being convinced that ‘model thin’ is THE norm for beauty. Which is ridiculous. They have great legs. I have long hair. You might have beautiful sparkly eyes. No, I am SURE you have beautiful sparkly eyes. AND amazing cheekbones. Everybody has something to be proud of. And everybody is beautiful. You are beautiful. Maybe not according to the media. But fuck them.

We’re creating our own media.



So now that all is said and done, LOOK AT THIS BLOUSE FROM TOPSHOP. Ain’t it pretty? Prettuh prettuh. I feel like this was a great fit with the prominent PURPLE SKIRT FROM FOREVER21, since a printed blouse would’ve been too much, too I’m-trying-too-hard. Or maybe not, depends on the print I guess. I gave my legs a few extra inches with black, strapped heeled sandals I bought on Ibiza, but THESE are similar.

I got out of my comfy zone. Now get out of yours.

Carré. 






No comments:

Post a Comment