Tuesday 12 August 2014

A DAY IN A FAIRYTALE


For those of you who don't live in The Netherlands, or do, but just have never heard of this amusement park (shame on you), I like to tell you that this park is not like any other amusement park. It doesn't just have roller coasters and fun rides, good food and fast food, a clean toilet, or a great giftshop. This, my friends.


This is pure magic.
 

The Efteling is one of my ultimate favourite amusement parks, because it's filled with the magic, happiness and darkness from all fairytales you could possibly imagine. The love from Cinderella, the darkness that Hansel and Gretel brought, and the spirit from all the others. I went there this Sunday with my sister Nina, her boyfriend Emiel, and my boyfriend Peter. Peter and I share a massive love for fantasy, and I can't speak for him, but I dream of a fantasy world in which people are actually nice to each other. A world filled with more, magical creatures, a world with more meaning and depth, more excitement than this one. A world in which you can wear long dresses, but can still magically run through a forest with ease, while your hair in still intact. One with princesses and dragons, how cool would that be? Beats our government and pigeons, ey?

It gives you just that, the feeling that you're in a place where this is actually possible. Ofcourse it wouldn't actually technically be possible, but when you're riding in the Droomvlucht or the Fata Morgana, you have no choice but to believe it.

Now after a whole day of running around, getting excited like kids, and sure, snacking on a few things here and there, you get hungry. And I happened to have had a voucher for a so called lovepancake, giving to me by Peter at the beginning of the day. Cheesy bastard. I love it.
And yes, right the second we walk into the restaurant 'Polles keuken', we showed the voucher and we were guided to our table. The result is as seen on the side.

With our bellies full, we proceeded our journey through the Sprookjesbos (Fairytale Forest), encountering the troll king, Hansel and Gretel, witches, and much more (Dragons!). There hang a gloomy vibe around the forest, since it was almost closing time so little to few people, and it had rained all day, so it was rather cloudy. It added to the experience tremendously.
And as cherry on the cake, they had a watershow. Amazing, but not as awesome as it would've been if it was dark. It included fire and other lights, barely visible though, because the sun was still lighting the earth. Even with that, the day was still unforgetable. I loved it.

It was a magical. Love strengthens the magic even more.

Well, that and trolls. I love trolls.

Carré












4 comments:

  1. Omg so cool Carré! I have now the feeling to go to the Efteling hahha! (sorry bad english)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sad now! I live just around the corner of the Efteling and I would've loved to see Peter again and to meet you! But I'm glad you had a fun day ofcourse! :)

    ReplyDelete